Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. They contain the legal terms and conditions that govern the gameplay provided to you by Virtual Canines, including information, text, graphics, data or other materials (“Content”), products and services provided through http://virtualcanines.co.uk (Virtual Canines), and software, programs and code forming or incorporated into http://virtualcanines.co.uk (Virtual Canines, Game). Virtual Canines (“http://virtualcanines.co.uk ”, “Virtual Canines”) are owned privately by Samantha Nolan (“me”, “I”).
Virtual Canines is an online dog simulation comprised of virtual kennels, virtual dogs, virtual events, virtual money and many other virtual items, intended for use of those at least 13 years of age or older. Anyone who is under the age of 13 must first obtain the permission of a parent or guardian before signing up or playing Virtual Canines.
We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions at any point. We will add a notification to all account pages when modifications have been made.
Whilst Virtual Canines is in development we will allow the use of a fake email account. However when the game goes live we express that ALL accounts should use a valid email address. We also request that on go live you will verify your email address in order to verify your account (this will not stop you from playing the game, but may hinder your experience).
All accounts are currently “unlocked” and do not have any limits on these.
Rules of Conduct
- Whilst you are playing Virtual Canines you MUST respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game.
- There are basic guidelines that everyone must follow and will be enforced by me and my Moderators. All moderators will be shown via the “New Message” page and will have their player name and “Moderator” on the list. You can also search for a moderator or administrator by typing Mod or Admin into the search bar. When the game is live there will also be an Administrator and Moderator list that will be easy to come by.
- Players must not engage in any conduct or communication whilst using the Virtual Canines Services that is unlawful or which restricts or inhibits any other Player from using or enjoying these Services.
- Players agree to use the Virtual Canines services and privileges only for lawful purposes.
- Any player found to be breaking the terms of service may have their account suspended or deleted without warning.
- English is the only language which may be used on Virtual Canines forums and Private Messaging. For any content posted in a language other than English an English translation must be provided in the same post/content area.
Virtual Canines has no ability to fully control the Content you may upload, post or otherwise transmit using the Game and does not have any obligation to monitor such Content for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all Content and material you upload, post or otherwise transmit using the Game.
Virtual Canines does hold the right to:
remove any posts, kennel pages, etc. with content that violates the Terms of Service and the right to warn, fine, and/or ban the offending player.
Virtual Canines reserve the right to monitor player private messages. These may be used if a player has been reported for rule breaking. Moderators and Administrators will not be monitoring each and every message nor will they be looking into your private messages unless requested by another Player. Private Messages may also be used to prove that someone has been rule breaking.
PLAYERS MAY NOT USE THE VIRTUAL CANINES SERVICES TO:
- Harass, threaten or embarrass another Player of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such Player, or any other person or entity. Virtual Canines does not condone harassment in any form and reserve the right to suspend or terminate the account of any Player who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person’s race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, age, disablement or other such affiliation are strictly prohibited.
- Post or transmit sexually explicit images, or point to or reference such images.
- Organise or participate in any clubs or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay or otherwise hate motivated philosophy.
- Impersonate any person, including, but not limited to, Virtual Canines administrators, moderators or hosts.
- Engage in "disruptive behavior" in chat areas, game areas, bulletin boards, or any other area of the Virtual Canines Services. Disruptive behavior shall be deemed to include, but will not be limited to, conduct which purposefully interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue in a services area. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.
- Post or transmit chain letters or pyramid marketing schemes. This type of material places an unnecessary load on the Virtual Canines Services and is considered a nuisance by many members. Certain types of chain letters and pyramid schemes are also illegal. Such prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of letters or messages which offer a product or service and which are based on the structure of a chain letter.
- Post or transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation.
- Violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of any other online service. Player further agrees to abide by the rules of Player's Internet service provider.
- Violate, intentionally or unintentionally, any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
- Modify any files that Virtual Canines does not specifically authorize Player to modify. Use of material which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder is prohibited, and will result in the termination of Player's membership and possible civil and/or criminal liability.
- Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game collectively referred to as Problems. Player acknowledges and agrees to report all problems, errors or bugs in the game to Virtual Canines via the Bug Report Link as soon as they are found as their continued use can damage the enjoyment of the game for all its players. Virtual Canines will do everything within their power to fix these types of issues in a timely manner, and will give all customers and members the benefit of the doubt when dealing with these problems.
- Use any scripting or macroing tools, hardware or software that may be damageable to the game.
- Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools. Use of these types of programs will result in immediate termination of the Account and may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
- Any disassembly or modification of any of the Game's executable code, databases and/or files. Nor may you interfere with or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Virtual Canines. Doing this will result in immediate termination of the Account and may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
- Engage in any behavior that is contrary to the 'spirit of the game' as defined by Virtual Canines in its sole discretion.
- Running Virtual Canines on any server or service that is not provided or authorized by Virtual Canines or Samantha Nolan.
- You may NOT use duplicate accounts as in any ways to promote or benefit another account.
- "Roleplaying" is not an excuse for violating any policy.